Friday, August 7, 2009

I know, I’m bragging part 1

I don’t know how many of you know, but I suffer from anxiety more specifically ‘social anxiety’. The worst possible place for me? The store. I am HORRIBLE at the store. I rarely have a good day when it comes to me going to the store.

The result: Me (usually with the kids) walking aimlessly trying to remember what I wanted to buy, grabbing random objects- very much impulse- before giving up and heading to the check-out isles, and spending too much money on things we don’t need. It doesn’t sound so bad, but I literally can not think coherently. (I was recently informed this is a side affect to Adult A.D.D.)

The solution: Usually I have to go to the store alone (strange for a stay @ home mom) or with someone else. Neither make it easy, but it helps.

Well, recently I have heard about ‘couponing’. Similar to coupon cutting our mothers are familiar with. O.k. it’s the same thing, nothing new just becoming more popular... with a vengeance. Think ‘Black Friday shopping’-ish. O.k. not really, but these women are CRAZY! --I digress. I have desperately wanted to do this since I’ve heard about it. You know, doing what I can to contribute to the family budget. But for the problem stated above, I have been putting it off, slowly getting information and getting up the courage.

Well today I went.

The end.

Oh, you want to hear more? Well, I want to tell you! But save I write a novel here and now, I’m going to finish my story and post it tomorrow. But here’s a teaser...

See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

Grandma B said...

I'm so glad to see you back. Can't wait for the rest of the story.

Mariam said...

I am on pins and needles waiting your return. : )

Amanda Ann Hansen said...

$36.42