Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Here I go again!

Well! That has been quite a sabbatical, right? Did y’all miss me? I realized that is has almost been a month since my last post. So much has happened. The most significant being the passing of my dear sweet Nannie (my grandma on my mother’s side). More of that to come in another post that I’m working on, but I’m finishing a few touches. On a happier note...

Carter’s school was doing school pictures. How we do this is we all meet at the specific location, and they have a professional company come, like the sort that come to a regular public school (only better) and the kids get their pictures taken. Last year this worked out great, but the package we ordered was the cheapest and it was $27 and it didn’t include any 8’ by 10’ (my must have size). Though, I could have purchase one for $8 more. The kicker was we didn’t know what the prices would be until we got to the meeting place.

So this year, I found the prices in advance, and the package I wanted was $40. That includes all the sizes I want AND 50,000 wallets that just get thrown away. So, money being tight, I decided to take Carter out and take some pictures myself. And if I didn’t like any, I could always take him to Wal-Mart right?

I liked how they turned out. Some of the background might look familiar.
You know you are in a rail-road family when you think that train tracks are appropriate backdrop.
His ‘paparazzi’ picture. He is creative and can be very animated, can you tell?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yah I missed your posts! Fabulous job on the pictures - you're amazing at it!

Emilee said...

Weird, this is my 2nd try - trying to post a comment.

I am so sorry about Anny Gay. We missed the funeral & I wish we could have been there for your family & Anny Joy. She must really miss her sisters.

I look forward to your next post.