Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mmm-hmm... yep

Sooo... can every post I write be a ‘Dear Someone’ post? No? You don’t want to hear read me whining all the time? I have to thank Evelyn for the idea, because as you can probably tell, I have been lacking on the posting ideas lately.

You see, I’m a middle child, through and through (social, easy going, peacemaker, feels misunderstood/unnoticed, sense of not belonging, and loves to express creativity) ... with perfectionist tendencies. Which (after reading self-help books on the matter) means that I will start something and then lack the confidence to finish it. "Like?" you ask?

Like:
The sewing machine I bought, and was DYING to use... until I got it in my home. Now, it sits (with it’s cool little cover) thread ready to use and all, but barely touched.

Or

The half finished crafts I bought at thrift stores or yard sales with decoration ideas in mind... and now are collecting dust.

Or

The self-help books I love to read... but I haven’t finished ONE of them. -Oh, wait maybe... nope. Not one. (did I mention I have Adult A.D.D.?... and I like to label myself??)

Or

The HUNDREDS of flowers that sit in a bag with ribbon and clips, waiting for me to make into pretty little hair-clips.

Or

The half crocheted blanket I started for Belle... While I was still pregnant with her.

Or

My office/craft area that DESPERATELY needs organizing, but I don’t because what if I do, and then I can’t find anything. I know it doesn’t make sense!

Or
The three books I have started writing... that the thought of finishing them and having someone read them makes me want to run back to my bed and stay there, even though I LOVE the creative rush it gives me to write them.

Or

My blog.

I want to post more. Every day I think “I could write about this ____” or I think “who want’s to hear me talk about that” or “didn’t ______ talk about that over at their blog?” or “that’s too much like ______ is posting about now.” The doubts and ’thinking’ are creatively crippling

I’ve been wanting to dedicate my blog to something... like some people have weekly or monthly themes. Mine can be toward all the things I want to do and accomplish, but haven’t. And of course it will be sprinkled with random posts and family updates!

What do you think? Do you love it??

xoxoxo

4 comments:

Evelyn @ Hanging by a Silver Lining said...

I know for myself, it's blogging that spurs me to finish some of my projects, just so I can post something. I keep thinking about a few myself that have been unfinished for faaaaar too long. Don't worry about if other people have posted stuff. We all feed off each other, right? I think that's part of the beauty of blogging. Imitation is the sincerest form of blogging, right? I always know when someone took the time to read my stuff and think it was good enough to imitate, I am flattered. Like you did today! Thanks for the shoutout! Keep your chin up girly! You are wonderful!

Miss M said...

Teresa,
You are a creative and talented person. YOU!!! Get all of the other people and what you think they would like to read OUT OF YOUR HEAD and just do what YOU want to do. It's YOUR blog.

there, enough said. I will go back to blurking.

Sami said...

I did something like this for about 2 or 3 months. I called it my "unfinished project closet", and then it kind of fell by the wayside. If you ever decided to turn it into a linky party or something, I would totally link up with you!
I'm exactly the same way when it comes to projects!

Rachel said...

LOL Oh, the projects we want. I can't even tell you my "starts" or "good intentions." No bother. Just keep going every day :)